Chenille Stitch

I was reading my Beading Daily email and it was about a stitch that I've never heard of and apparently neither had the person writing it. It's called the Chenille Stitch. It is a Herringbone/ Netting combination stitch. As Herringbone stitch happens to be one of my faves, this caught my attention right away.

For those of you who prefer videos, I have found two youtube video links that show how to get started on Chenille Stitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THC-WxPle4w and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VlaqHJGSkA.

For those of you who like written instructions, the author of the Beading Daily article was kind enough to provide instructions complete with diagrams and photos for completing Chenille stitch. Needless to say, I will be trying this soon!

Supplies
Size 11 seed beads in 2 colors (A and B)
Beading thread
Scissors
Size 10 beading needle
Round 1: Use 3' of thread to string 2A, leaving a 3" tail. Use the tail and working thread to form a square knot and pass through the 2A again. String 1A, pass through the last A exited, and the A just added; repeat three times to form a strip of ladder stitch 1A high and 6A long. Ladder-stitch the first and last A together to form a ring (Fig. 1).
Round 2: String 1B, pass down through the next A of the previous round and up through the following A; repeat twice. Step up through the first B added in this round (Fig. 2).
Round 3: String 2A, pass down through the next B of the previous round and up through the following B; repeat twice. Step up through the first A added in this round (Fig. 3).
Round 4: String 1B, pass down through the next A of the previous round and up through the following A; repeat twice. Step up through the first B added in this round (Fig. 4).
Rounds 5 and on: Repeat Rounds 3 and 4 to the desired length.
Final round: End with a Round 3 repeat. Without adding any beads, form a ladder-stitched thread path so the first and final rounds match.

Let me know what you think about this stitch! Feel free to send me pics of your completed work (beadznbobz@gmail.com). I will be posting pics of my own work soon!