What's Up Wednesday #3

Last weekend, I decided to take a break. I work full-time as a Forensic Scientist and then on weekends, I am usually working on new beading patterns for my Etsy shop or videos for Skillshare or YouTube.

I did none of that usual stuff. Instead, I sat around all Saturday watching YouTube videos and the movie, Free State of Jones. Doing absolutely nothing was amazing. I know it doesn't sound like much but the mental and physical break was necessary.

Sunday morning, I watched another movie and then I went to the beach. I'm surrounded by water, living on an island, yet I hardly go to the beach anymore. That's something I will strive to change. I had a wonderful time. The sky was overcast and the water was choppy due to some bad weather on its way, but I didn't care. I was actually grateful for the clouds because it meant I wasn't burning up in the blazing sun.

The Bead Club Lounge Blog
Of course, Sunday evening all of that relaxation came to a screeching halt when my apartment flooded. Water was everywhere! So, I spent a good few hours sweeping and mopping and vacuuming water out of my apartment. (The photo on the left shows the floor after I had already removed most of the water.)

Luckily for me, the water avoided the area where my tv, laptop, treadmill, fan and studio lights were all plugged in. (Big sigh of relief.) My laptop is my life! Not to mention, that's a lot of electronic equipment to lose all at once if it had gotten wet.

It just goes to show how quickly life can turn upside-down. You really have to stay in the moment and be grateful when everything is going okay.


Labels: