What's Up Wednesday #2

Flat even count, Odd Count, Two Drop... What am I talking about? Types of Peyote Stitch, of course! Peyote Stitch probably has the most variations out of all the off-loom beadweaving techniques.

If you are not familiar with Peyote Stitch, you can read the free tutorials I have included in the following posts: Peyote Stitch and Two Drop Peyote Stitch.

Flat Cellini Spiral Bracelet- The Bead Club Lounge 
I have just added a new Peyote Stitch Bracelet Tutorial to my Etsy shop called the Flat Cellini Spiral Bracelet. Just like the name implies, the bracelet is made using a type of Peyote called Flat Cellini Spiral. In this same tutorial, I also incorporate Two Drop Peyote Stitch.

My Flat Cellini Spiral bracelet uses several colours and sizes of seed beads including 11/0 Delica beads, 11/0, 8/0 and 6/0 seed beads. I have combined the seed bead sizes in a way that creates a dramatic undulating texture.

You can create beaded toggle clasps using Peyote Stitch as well. I have done just that in this tutorial. Oh yes, there's a whole "lotta" Peyote Stitch packed into this one beading pattern.

I would recommend this bracelet tutorial to Intermediate beaders. However, if you are a beginner who likes a challenge, I have created a step-by-step tutorial with photos so the creation of the bracelet should be easy enough.

People often judge beading tutorials by their covers. If the design looks complicated, they scamper away and never try it. Don't be discouraged by new techniques!

If you're interested in more Peyote beading patterns, here are some others that I have created: Ruffled Collar, Zigzag Bracelet and the Cellini Spiral Bangle.

What is your favourite Peyote Stitch variation? Let me know in the comments below.

I have been toying with the idea of adding a Teaching License to my Etsy shop for some time but
Teaching License- The Bead Club Lounge
have never done it. Up until now!

Now you can purchase a Teaching License and my beading patterns separately and teach the pattern specified on the Teaching License as many times as you like to groups of ten or less.

The License that you purchase has to be customized with your name, the name of the beading pattern that you would like to teach and the date that I grant you permission to teach the tutorial. I will complete this after you send me those details and email it to you within 48 hours. After you receive the completed Teaching License, you are free to teach the beading pattern according to the stipulations that I have laid out in my Etsy shop listing.

This is a great product for bead shops. As a former bead shop owner myself, I know that teaching classes is an excellent way to move inventory. Not only that, it encourages the excitement for beading which fuels the need for bead shops in the first place.

It is also a good opportunity for anyone who wants to teach beadweaving and needs to provide tutorials for classes.





Labels: , , , , , , ,